Tastecard: How to save money when eating out
If you enjoy eating out on a regular basis, “dining clubs” can help you save money. One of the most popular examples is Tastecard, the UK’s most widely-known dining club.
This provider lets you claim discounts at over 6000 restaurants in the UK.
Read on to discover more about how Tastecard can save you money when eating out.
What is Tastecard?
Tastecard is one of several “dining clubs” that provide you with discounts for popular restaurants. The membership scheme gives you discounts at thousands of restaurants across the UK. This includes “2 for 1” deals and up to 50% off starters, main courses, desserts, and drinks. Although the vast majority of discounts are for restaurants, Tastecard also offers you up to 50% off cinema, days out, and attractions. You can also claim up to 70% off hotel stays, subject to availability.
What are the benefits of Tastecard?
There are many advantages to becoming a Tastecard member. While the most obvious benefit is access to cheaper restaurant meals, there are a few other advantages that you may not be aware of. The main benefits include:
- Restaurant discounts — As already stated, Tastecard entitles you to discounts at 6000+ restaurants across the UK. You can enjoy "2 for 1" meals and up to 50% off food. It is worth noting that not all menu dishes will be eligible for a discount. Deals are available on a case-by-case basis.
- Online shopping discounts — Every month, Tastecard provides online shopping deals, giving you discounts on food, fashion, gifts, and more. This also includes money off popular retail brands. It is worth keeping an eye on the latest discounts that appear. Sign-up to get regular monthly alerts.
- Save money on deliveries — Dining out is fun. But if you want to stay at home, you can still enjoy your favourite food with Tastecard deliveries. By registering for a Tastecard account, you can claim up to 50% off food at major brands like Pizza Hut and Dominos. These are available 7 days a week.
- Save on attractions and days out — Other benefits of Tastecard membership include up to 33% off cinema tickets and up to 50% off attractions, such as funfairs, aquariums, afternoon tea, and days out. New discounted deals become available on a regular basis.
- Free and easy to use smartphone app — A free smartphone app is available and allows you to easily manage your Tastecard account. You can browse participating restaurants, view menus, and gain quick access to restaurant contact information. The app is compatible for Android and Apple smartphones and tablet devices.
How does Tastecard work?
Tastecard provides a handy search feature where you can search for restaurants offering discounts in your local area. You can search for sit-in restaurants, deliveries, and takeaways. The discounts available are clearly displayed next to each restaurant listing. You can claim “2 for 1”, freebies like free starters, or up to 50% off. The type and range of discounts varies according to the restaurant and the number of offers available.
To find a restaurant within your local area, just search by postcode or city/town name. Afterwards, you will be presented with a list of options. You can then view each restaurant listing in further detail. Once you are ready to make a booking, you will be directed to the restaurant’s contact details (usually telephone or e-mail). After your meal, show your digital Tastecard or physical card to claim your discount.
What types of food are available?
All kinds of cuisines are available at Tastecard (over 50 different types). If you are in the mood for an Indian, Chinese, or Italian meal, these restaurants are widely available. You can also search for British, Mexican, German, Lebanese, Japanese, and Moroccan, or even search for particular dishes. Many more cuisine categories are available and let you filter your search as required. It’s fast and easy to use.
What restaurants can you save money at?
While you can claim discounts at a large number of smaller independent restaurants via Tastecard, many of the eateries are run by large chains. Just some examples include Pizza Hut, Bella Italia, ASK Italian, Fire & Stone, Chiquito, Cafe Rouge, Harry Ramsden’s, and others. You can also search for participating hotel restaurants tailored to your immediate area. With so much choice, you are sure to claim some great discounts, whether dining out or eating at home. Be aware that some discounts will only be available at particular times of the day or on particular days of the week.
The Tastecard smartphone app
The Tastecard smartphone app is the easiest way to manage your Tastecard account. After registration, download the app to search for restaurants, delivery providers, and takeaways in your local area. You can view menus and complete bookings within seconds. The app is also useful if you are travelling and want an immediate roundup of nearby restaurants and takeaway providers. The app is available on most modern smartphones operating Android and Apple iOS.
Tastecard is one of the best “dining clubs” we have seen for UK residents. It offers great opportunities to save money when eating out, on deliveries, or for takeaways. It is worth noting that not every discount available via Tastecard entitles you to 50% off. In many cases, the discount is less, but still very worthwhile. Membership of the dining club also brings other advantages, such as money off cinema and days out. A free trial offer is available that lets you test-drive Tastecard over a period of time. If you wish to register immediately, you can also sign-up for an ongoing membership.